Tyler's Feedings:
For the first 2 weeks we did Breastfeeding for all 9 to 10 feeds with 1 or 2oz of Soy milk for supplement.
For 3rd week we did Breastfeeding for 4 or 5 feeds and Soy Milk 3oz for 4 or 5 feeds
Next 4th 5th week onwards, we did Bottle feeding of pumped out Breastmilk for 4 or 5 feeds and Soy Milk 4oz for 4 or 5 feeds.
He usually drinks every 3 hourly, and total of about 9 feeds a day...
Tyler's Visits to the Pediatrician (Dr Tidawan Werapiboon):
5th Day, 26th November, 2010. We brought him to see PD for routine follow up. Everything was fine and normal. But during one of the feedings, I discovered a "pimple" with pus on his neck, so I voiced that out to her. She run removed the pimple and run some tests with the pus and the result was some bacteria, so Tyler was prescribed with some 5 days doze of antibiotics and some cream to apply just in case.
10th Day, 1 December, 2010. Tyler had stuffy nose which was affecting his breathing and a bit of dry cough, so we brought him to see PD again to find out what was the problem. She said it was a viral cold. He had mucus only in his nose and not anywhere else which was somehow good news to us. He was prescribed cough medicine for 3 days and sensible use of iliadin 0.025% for nasal drop. PD dripped Saline water into his nose and sucked out mucus. I was to administer same thing everyday with Tiki's help to hold Tyler down. He struggled and cried badly each and everytime Saline was dripped into his nose and the suction process... MAJOR HEARTPAIN!!! Tiki was feeling it too... We just cannot bear to see him cry so horribly...
I cried once when I saw a few "strands" of blood when I sucked out his mucus. Apparently, I had hit the wall of his nose with the suction (nothing serious). It didn't help when all the Grandmas were watching me do it! I was feeling frustrated that he was suffering from discomfort of the procedures and angry that everyone was watching me do the "evil" deed and thinks that it was easy for me! My Heart really goes out for Tyler and yet I cannot help him to ease his comfort... I felt really helpless... So I cried for about 10minutes in my room after that... Then I held him close to me... He's so little and has to take medicine and go through all this...
15th Day, 5th December, 2010. We visited PD again because he wasn't getting better... But PD still did the same thing and told me to do the same... Flushing out the mucus with the saline is the best way to get rid it.
After days of practice, I could drip him by myself carrying him. He doesn't cry nor struggle anymore... He fully recovered after about 2 weeks... Now he's nose is all clear!
1Month 2Days, 23rd December, 2010. Brought Tyler in for his 2nd shot of Hepatitis B Vaccination. I was there to hold his hand while Doctor injected him on his left thigh... He screamed in pain but no sound came out initially for several seconds... Some tears flowed out, then he found his voice... Very 可憐 look on his face. I called out to him and place my face very close to his, then he stopped crying...
Tyler's Growth:
21 November, 2010: 3.47kg :: 49cm
24 November, 2010: 3.220kg (His initial weight loss was at a normal rate.)
26 November, 2010: 3.326kg :: 51.5cm (Nurse said this should be his birth height because the measurement on the day of birth might not be accurate due to different instrument.)
1 December, 2010: 3.55kg
23 December, 2010: 4.52kg :: 55cm (His growth rate is in the 50 percentile for boys)
Tyler's Milestones:
He loves being carried and refuse to sleep/left in any cot, or bed by himself... Being spoilt by all the Grandparents... Once we put him down, he will make alot of noises and screams until someone picks him up... Getting naughty, my boy~
He is able to lift his head up for a few seconds when lying on his stomach after his 1st week.
He is able to lock his eyes with mine after his 4weeks.
He is able to lock his eyes and follow my face after 4weeks.
He is able to follow toys and moving objects with his eyes and head.
Misc Moments:
7th Day, 28 November, 2010. He was sleepy and whiny around 7.30 in the morning, after feeding, so I started to sing Sesame street's opening song, Sunny Day, and gave him a few Swings... My big reward was I get to see him give me a Big big SMILE... Makes every effort all worth it! =)
10th Day, 1 December, 2010. His Belly Button dried up and dropped off but sadly think it dropped off when the nurse was removing his diapers for weighting him... So we couldn't keep it for him...
He sometimes giggles and laugh out loud and makes me wonder what was so funny and wish I could share that joke with him! hehe~
Tyler loves to pee once his diapers are removed or during any awkward times when you are cleaning him up... Everyone of us in the house had a "taste" of my little one's fountain...
Tiki helps to calm Tyler down in the night while I prepare milk for him... Tyler can be very impatient when he's hungry!!
His favourite "Stay Calm" position in the night is lying against Daddy's Chest. He will wriggle to the left side of Tiki's Chest, near his nipple and position himself there... It doesn't just happen once or twice... It has became his daily habit...
He sometimes giggles and laugh out loud and makes me wonder what was so funny and wish I could share that joke with him! hehe~
Tyler loves to pee once his diapers are removed or during any awkward times when you are cleaning him up... Everyone of us in the house had a "taste" of my little one's fountain...
Tiki helps to calm Tyler down in the night while I prepare milk for him... Tyler can be very impatient when he's hungry!!
His favourite "Stay Calm" position in the night is lying against Daddy's Chest. He will wriggle to the left side of Tiki's Chest, near his nipple and position himself there... It doesn't just happen once or twice... It has became his daily habit...
Just like this...
My Baby Tyler & Me
Everyone Who Took Care of Tyler in His First Month
Daddy, Mummy, 奶奶,阿公,阿嬤,表姨。
For Tyler's First Month, we bought lots of cakes and vouchers for our family and friends in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia! For our own celebration at home, we bought a Cheesecake from Four Seasons Hotel. It was very good!! The Grandmas, Tiki and me brought Tyler to K-village for a stroll as a custom. I took the opportunity to get a haircut! haha~ We had a good time out after being stuck at home for awhile... =)
It has been a hectic time adjusting to everything for Tiki and me... But we have come to slowly adapt to the situations. Thanks to our many help from our Family, Tyler's First Month of Life has been smooth sailing... Still a long road ahead for us and our Bundle of Joy~ =)


No comments:
Post a Comment