I think I slept for about an hour and spent the other hour talking to the nurse who was looking after me. We talked about her children and some other stuffs which I can't remember... She's really gentle and nice... I could wriggle my right-side toes after about 30mins after surgery. By end of the 2 hours all my sensations are back...
Meantime, Tyler was being observed in the Nursery for 4hours. Apparently, Tiki was with him for a full hour... watching over his precious... hehe!
I was transferred to my ward 1515. There's a family area and a room with one bathroom. I was still feeling rather weak and groggy, so I rested a little while dozing off here and there while my parents and Tiki relax in the living area. Nurses came in and out checking my vital signs every hour or so. I was having high blood pressure... think the highest I had was 160/90 or something like that and also fever. It all went back down to normal as the days go by...
Breastfeeding
Finally, Tyler was brought to me for feeding. And for the First time, I had a good look at him... He's just so Beautiful...
Naturally, I still could not sit up... So Nurse helped me with feeding Tyler in the side-lying hold. It wasn't too painful in the first attempt and Tyler I must say is a real gifted "sucker"! hehe... Eventually, I changed to the cradle position and I suffered from cracked nipples after about 4 or 5 feeds... Every feed was torture to me... I wanted to give up many times but told myself to perservere to at least feed Tyler all the colostrum he needs... But then I also keep looking forward to the next feed... The Feeling of bonding with your child during breastfeeding is just so wonderful. I had to smile to myself so many times eventhough I was in pain... (Up until Day 9, I was still biting my fingers in the middle of the night due to the painful nipples. Thank god, my nipples has finally toughened up...) I was prescribed Motillum to enhance the flow of breast milk. It's actually a type of medication for nausea. At least I've lasted till now~
We missed Tyler everytime he's been taken back to the nursery. He'll only be sent to me every 4 hours for feeding and I missed him so much while he's gone... The reason he's not kept in my room was because I need time and strength to recover from the C-section... sigh~ I found myself waking up way before feeding time and anticipating his arrival and got angry whenever he's late... But once I saw him, all was forgotten... I love cuddling him and smelling his crown of hair...
Side Lying
Tiki spent the whole 3 nights with me in the hospital sleeping on an uncomfortable sofabed. He's been Fabulous in terms of support and TLC... I couldn't have asked for more! =)
Mummy and Papa was running errands for us everyday during my stay in BNH. Mummy brought food for Tiki and Red Date Drink for me. Hanging around for a few hours before heading home to cook and send food to the hospital again. Parent's Love... =)
Daily Dose of Red Date Tea
The bed in hospitals are supposed to be hard. But it's just too hard for me that I developed very bad backache especially around my tailbone. I couldn't stay still in one position for too long because it hurt too much~
I was taken off the IV after 48 hours... Without solid food I was feeling very weak... Once I took in some porridge, I felt much better and was able to get out of bed. Incision still hurts and my tummy was jiggling here and there like jelly.
Tiki had the opportunity to give Tyler baths twice... He's more experienced in handling babies than me... He loves to give Tyler baths... Perhaps he will take over this "chore" from me in future! hehe~ He always say he will dip Tyler in the jacuzzi with him! haha... Fulla nonsense~
Tiki Pom Pom Tyler
After 3 Long nights in BNH, it was time to go home!! After Tiki gave Tyler his bath and I fed him, we headed home!! We can't wait to lie in our own bed... while Tyler, his crib~ hehe!

2 comments:
love the picture of you breastfeeding...(not in the perverted way)
haha you are already known as the 'bian tai' aunty that every comment you made need to be clarified...hahaha
Post a Comment