So, I was trying to cut the cabbage through it's heart while holding it up with my left hand... It was quite hard, so i gave it a forceful push and so the blade was pushed right through my left ring finger tip!! I didn't feel much pain, just saw fresh red blood flowing and flowing outta my finger tip and a slab of flesh dangling against the wound... Luckily I'm not hemophobia... if not I think i might faint at the sight of the amount of blood gushing out....
I stayed calm... Washed the wound again and again...
Then I held my hand up high and took some kitchen towel to wrap it up at the same time adding pressure to it.... I also tore a plastic bag handle to tie the "dressing" to add pressure! (I'm thankful for the 1st Aid training I had in JAL) I knew I needed medical attention, so I called Tiki and he sped over as fast as possible to send me to the hospital...
We arrived at BNH Hospital and through to the A&E. Thank god, we were attended to rightaway... English speaking Dr Abichai cared for me. My worst nightmare happened... I needed stitches!! I was soooo scared!! I hate the idea of getting stitched up~ (Okay, I cried when I knew for sure that I needed to be stitched...) I looked at my finger and blood was still gushing out... Dr said they had to stitch cos the shape of the wound is snail shaped and unable to stop the blood by just sticking a bandaid... Well, at least Dr was really nice and patient during the treatment. I had 3 shots of local anesthesia on my ring finger, then the stitching... He also recommended me to take a shot of Tetenus vaccination (safe for pregnancy- My Gynae actually gave me the option earlier, but I declined....), just for precaution... (I'm feeling rather groggy now... ) So I did that too...
Tiki was wonderful the whole time, holding my right hand and reassuring me that I'll be fine and everything is going to be OK... Just so you know, he IS sort of hemophobic... He wiped my tears and kept talking to me... Even cracked some jokes and stories! Thank you, Baby! You made me feel so much better... =) At least now I know for sure, I can count on you when Bao Bao comes...
Yes I know, stitches are unavoidable during delivery too... I still don't like the idea!! They say pregnant women gets clumsy... But I didn't think I'll get THIS clumsy... Guess I was wrong...
I'll be EXTRA careful next time when handling blades of any kind for sure! And now I fully understand why chopping boards were invented...

No comments:
Post a Comment