I always assume that our landlord is very rich, what I didn't know is that they are Super Duper Wealthy and Famous in Thailand. I did a little research before going for the dinner. They're very much into antiques and properties. Among all the parties I've ever been to, I suppose this is the first to experience Hi-So function. Luckily, it turned out to be a very casual one! =)
We showed up at their building right along the Chao Phraya River (Pimarn Chao Phraya). It was huge and was furnished exactly like our apartment Down to the lamps and coffee tables... Only it's 10 times bigger~ We're able to see the river and the boat we'll be getting on from the balcony. They'll be expanding and converting this piece of land into a Amtada Hotel. I was telling Tiki, perhaps in future when we revisit Bangkok we could possibly get good rates and feel right at home! This is actually the first time I've met Khun Prasong and his wife, Miss Penn. It's a wonder why we've never bummed into each other. We mingled around with other 10 guests for about an hour or so... We met Luc from France and his wife, Nam Pueng, who stays 2 floors below us. They're really nice too~
It was still drizzling when we got up the Boat. Initially, Tiki was very worried that he might get seasick, but surprisingly, the boat was really stable. We chat, eat, drink (I only drank H2O), took pictures and even had a Karaoke session! Khun Prasong is a really good singer I must say... He kind of sound between like Louis Armstrong and Rod Stewart. I see Miss Penn jumping and dancing around, wishing I could join in... hee! The weather was cool and the breeze was nice... I was just taking every scene in... We passed by several landmarks, such as the Holy Rosary Church, Wat Arun and the Grand Palace. Think most people were almost drunk by the end of the night... I heard them slurring~ haha...
I had to say it was a fun-filled experience... Hope we'll get another chance soon! =)
(Khun Prasong took some nice pictures, hopefully we can get hold of them)
Before Dinner
The Boat
Wat Arun
Our Landlady, Miss Penn
Our Dinner Starts
Tiki and Me







No comments:
Post a Comment