Surprisingly, I was able to catch some sleep...
We went to the Gynae & Obs department to confirm our details...
It didn't really hit me that I Bao Bao was leaving me physically until they sat me in the wheelchair... I had a sudden rush of emotions on the verge of tears... Somehow I'm not willing to let him out...
Me: Can we back out now?
Tiki: Yes... Do you want to back out?
But we proceeded to the Labour Room anyway... The Midwife checked my cervix (SUCKS!) , and it was only dilated slightly... Then I was given enema to clear my bowels where I sat in the loo for about 40mins... It was like having bad diarrhea... It just doesn't end and it hurts!
Mummy, Papa and Tiki were with me in the Labour room for about 1hour before my parents left to wait for the good news...
The Midwife set me up with Baby's heartbeat monitor and the contraction monitor then gave me dose the induction through Intravenous. Before she left, she told me I will be feeling contraction pain in 10mins or so and that it's definitely going to be painful. If I am unable to take the pain, I should ask for epidural then. I waited... 10mins... 20mins... 30mins... 1hour... 90mins... 120mins... NO PAIN AT ALL!! I don't understand why. I told Tiki, I have a feeling, I will never experience how real contraction feels like... (I was actually looking forward to how it will feel like) But I was definitely having about 60 to 90% of contraction every 3mins... How come I don't feel the pain? Tightness was all I felt. Tiki said I was blessed not to feel the worse part of labour... I suppose so~
Dr Suvit came and went checking my dilation a few times... Then he said if in another hour and half or so there's insufficient dilation, we will have to go for C-section...
And so we that's our fate...
Everything seemed to be going on so fast yet I feel it was never going to end. I hated it!! The whole process of C-section... I was transferred to the operation theater, then was given the spinal block and had to curl up in foetal position... I felt the cold fluid seeping through my spine, it's not the best sensation. My legs started to feel tingly and eventually I felt nothing while they're sanitizing me. Frankly speaking I was a little afraid... Both my hands were tied up on either sides with my Anaesthetist on my left and Tiki on my right. I was literally in a + position. Tiki reassured me that I'll be fine, holding my hand the whole time... I can see he looked rather worried about me. I wanted to cry because I felt very very claustrophobic with the screen so near to my face and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I wanted to get up and run... But I kept telling myself I must be strong for Bao bao...
Until I heard a cry~ =) His FIRST CRY... =D His first scream right out of my tummy... He was immediately brought to clean up his lungs but I caught a glimpse of him and I finally smiled...
He was brought to me and we took our first Family Portrait.
Tiki and me are officially Mummy and Daddy!!
Our Family
Our First Kiss
Baby Tyler




2 comments:
u make c section sounds very scary. and it's so touching that part where u said u have to be strong for Tyler while having so much fear inside! Mother's love... we do amazing things for our children.
well i did not faint...I saw how they take Tyler out...blah I can never be a gynae...
tiki
Post a Comment