Bao Bao

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Visiting the Gynae @ 38weeks 3days

On Saturday, we visited Dr Suvit again for routine check up. He measured the Fundal height, also Bao Bao's heartbeat and position then here's our conversation.

Dr Suvit: I think the baby is Big... What makes you think that your baby will be small?
Me: I don't know... I thought my tummy is small?
Dr Suvit shakes head
Me: You think now how big?
Dr Suvit: At least 3kg now...
My tiny eyes widen!

Our Statistics:
  • Heartbeat: 160 bpm (asked how come so high... he said it's normal for foetal heart rate to be irregular... on the other hand, it is unusual if the foetal heart rate is regular... A minute ago it was 140bpm.)
  • Bao Bao's Postion is Vertex
  • Fundal Height: About 40cm
  • My Blood Pressure: 136/81
  • My Heartbeat: 117bpm (Higher than my usual, because I just walked back from the loo.)
  • My Weight: 78.1kg
Anyway, he says if by next Saturday, if I still don't go into natural labour, we will have to consider induction.  I suppose his concern is the baby will become too big and over here they usually don't practice letting the baby go over 40weeks. He doesn't want to say it bluntly but he referred foetus to fruits and should not go over due date... Induction has a higher chance of getting C-section (although I'm not all anti c-sec, just prefer natural), so I'm praying now for natural labour to come!

5 comments:

ASH said...

oh yeah..big ass tyler! 40 cm for 38 weeks! I was sent for glucose test just because of this!

realley said...

Tests seems fine... BIG BIG BIG?!!

Anonymous said...

yup guess wat else is big....

ASH said...

actually at this stage.. fundal height should drop a bit due to the baby sinking lower into birth canal..so maybe tyler is tall.

tiki said...

ya...i hope he takes after shirley side and my mom side..!!