My Baby Bump at 31 weeks
We went to the Gynae last evening for a routine check. Looks like from now on I'm going to be seeing him every fortnight. He checked my Urine for protein and sugar level and the result was negative... Phew~
I remembered to ask him to tell me the Fundal height... It's amazing how nature works isn't it? It's almost exactly 31cm! Which should be the case because I am 31 weeks pregnant. Very Interesting...
What is also interesting yet not so amazing is the way Fats are stored to protect your baby... Dr Suvit says, "Now you'll feel like a fat person... because you have all the fats stored in you. It is nature way of protecting the baby, a natural protective human mechanism to keep the baby warm and safe... That's why you will feel hot and sweaty." I sure won't like to FEEL like or BE a FAT person ever again... Unless that's if I get preggy again! hehe... But I'll be sure to watch my diet from the beginning to refrain from rapid weight gain because I feel it causes far more inconveniences...
Everyone kept telling me right from the beginning, "Eat as much as you want! Don't worry!! This is the time for you to eat without guilt!" Erm, I used to think that way in my first trimester until I really start to put on REAL weight. Roughly 1kg weekly is not a funny ok?! Too much weight gain will result in complications... So I am sort of watching my weight even though I shouldn't be in the 3rd trimester... SUCKS!! Dr Suvit said as long as I am below 20kg gain, everything should be ok... But I think I'm very likely to become an overachiever. Some others even told me stories of their friends who put on a lot more than me, but slimmed back down after pregnancy... Does that make me feel better? Answer is, YES it does, but that doesn't and shouldn't allow myself to want to be like them either... (^v^)
We took a hospital tour to check out the different types of wards they have to offer and also the nursery. Too bad the delivery/labour room was not available for viewing this time... Looks like they're always busy! Anyway, they have 3 types of wards for us to choose from... The Regent Deluxe, The Ambassador Superior Deluxe and last but not least, The President Suite... Since Tiki will be staying with me during my hospitalisation, we decided the Ambassador room will be just right! There's a living area for guests and then a bedroom... Which is to say that guests can stay as long as they want to chat even if I am sleeping... The Regent Deluxe looks a little bit too cozy for us... If it's just a bit bigger, we would've considered it... I was telling Tiki, "Machiam Hotel room!!"
Oh ya... I must quote what Tiki said yesterday while he was in the office...
"It's so funny that I am already missing Bao Bao eventhough he is not even born yet!"
How sweet of him~ He keeps telling me that he misses Bao Bao... hahaha... I think he just can't wait to see the little seed he's planted! Well, I can't wait either... Then again, I sure don't hope he'll pop out sooner than expected! hee~
Fundal Height: 31.5cm
My Blood Pressure: 136/71
My Heartbeat: 100bpm
My Weight: 70.5kg

No comments:
Post a Comment